Monday, September 27, 2010

Editing Post

I always have fun trying out the new weekly edits. I'm not super creative but I do what I can. Below is a picture of a dried up weed growing in front of a shed I found. I liked the shed background so I took the shot.

Filter-Patchwork
Before After
Dead Weed- 9/26/10-Rexburg-7:16pm-1/200-f/4.0-Canon Rebel30D-Patchwork smart object filter and then I made the front weed that was in focus stand above the patchwork filter by using the paintbrush. I also brightened up the pic a bit.

Adjustment Layers
-
Katers- Rexburg-9/24/10-4:10pm-f/3.2-1/125-Canon Rebel 30d- adjustment layer black and white. Then I used the black paint brush to keep only the mirror image in color.

7 comments:

  1. I relay like the dead weed picture it looks relay cool. i'm going to have to try that filter out on some of my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The filter that you used is really cool. I don't know if I tried it on any of my pictures, but it looks great! Cute picture of Katers. You did a nice job with the adjustment layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos. I couldn't figure out the picture of Katers for quite a while..but once I did that's a neat perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa, I really liked the picture of the Katers. It was a really good perspective. I also liked the way you edited the image. That was a good use of an adjustment layer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of the baby. The fact that her reflection is desaturated is a really interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative with the photo of the baby - both the picture itself and the edit! On the "dead weed" edit, I'm not sure if the patchwork would have been the best filter for that type of picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Katers photo edit you did. Its very unique. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete