Monday, September 27, 2010

Flora and Fauna

Flora and Fauna pictures are not very easy to take for me. I just naturally don't pay nature a lot of attention...It took me a whole day of thinking about what to photograph before I remembered I own a pug that qualifies as an animal.
The lady bug picture is hard to see but I did the best I could with it. My lens wouldn't let me get any closer. The flower I captured outside a church building, and I liked the brick background. The pug, named fatty, is my dog and despite him looking restful in the picture, it was actually super hard to get him to sit still.
Lady Bug: Sept 25th, 2010-3:30pm-Rexburg-f/4.0-1/60- Canon Rebel 300D- no edits
-
Pink Flowers- Sept. 26th, 2010-7:00pm-Rexburg- f/3.2-1/4000- Canon Rebel 300D-brightened pic

Fatty Big Mac- Sept 25, 2010-6:30pm-Rexburg-f/3.2-1/800-Canon Rebel 300D- black vignette

6 comments:

  1. Fatty Big Mac looks like one dog you dont want to get in a fight with. I like how you got the head in focus and the rest of the body blurred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely in love with the picture of the dog! So serious. I like your depth of field in all your pictures as well and your composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the other comments. The dog is my favorite and I love the way only his head is really in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your shots are well composed. You followed the rule of thirds well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of your dog is awesome, I like that you had a clear focus on his face and blurred the rest. Nice composition and I good job on contrasting the pink flowers to the white brick background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog shot is really great. I love his facial expression and I really like how his head is is in focus, but not the rest of his body.

    ReplyDelete